Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where the ghetto at?

As I sit at my desk on this nasty, rainy Tuesday with no classes to be at, no homework to do, no tests or quizzes to study for, I can't help but remember the good times, not so good times, and times that are still yet to come in beautiful North Philadelphia. There have been parties, Phillies games, a black eye, new friendships made, old friendships broken, adventures to random places, planned trips to tourist areas, cuts, scrapes, bruises, new tattoos (not on me), new piercings, trips to california planned (yes, me), my first a on an organic chemistry quiz, physics tests and quizzed failed many times over, lab partners, asians telling you that you suck because you are a woman, new races to encounter, new issues to talk about, new faith, old beliefs gone, a new world view, poverty, and West Kensington, which is a point all in itself. 


I can't ever imagine moving out of this wonderful, terrifying place. It is an adventure every time the door to the building opens. I am going to miss walking out of the house thinking, "I wonder if this is the day I am going to die in the hood," and walking around center city thinking, "this is way too nice for me, where the ghetttttttto atttttt?" I never expected, in my life, to fall in love with the hood, but, I can't help it, i love everything about it here, the people, the atmosphere, the lifestyle. At least I know that in the future I will be able to find super cheap housing if I want to continue to live in the hood. 


It is just so fresh, so full of attitude, so perfect. 
drug bust right in front of my window, typical. 

blizzards

ya know, just chilling at the gas station

:)

same.

philly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment